- Ph.D. Economics, Korea University, 2017.
- Thesis: Cooperative Innovation and Evolutionary Dynamics of Open Source Software: Agent-Based Simulation on the Private Provision of Public Goods.
- Committee: Kyun Kim (Chair), Jung-Kyoo Choi, Dongjin Chung, Jae Nahm, Man-Seop Park.
- M.A. Economics, Korea University, 2007.
- Thesis: The Micro Corporate Governance Debates Based on Firm Theories: Ownerships and Efficiencies.
- B.S. Economics, Korea University, 2000.
- Open source software, Knowledge sharing and institutions, Public goods game, Agent-based simulation, Economics of technological innovation, Game theory, Economic history, History of economic thought.
- Shin, Woojin and Lee, Namhyung, 2022, “The Effects of Online Learning Behavior and Socioeconomic Backgrounds on the Students’ Achievement: Based on the LMS Logs of Adult Learners’ Introductory Economic Course”, Journal of Lifelong Learning Society , 18(1), 203–239.
- Shin, Woojin and Lee, Namhyung, 2020, “A Textbook without being read or with hand stains only on the front pages: Adult learners’ watching behavior of recorded economics video lectures”, Journal of Korean Association for Educational Information and Media, 26(4), 955–984.
- Baek, Jongsung and Lee, Namhyung, 2019, “Why do people accept cherry stone?: Reconstruction of Hayek’s money competition,” Ordo Economics Journal, 22(1), 151–166.
- Shin, Woojin and Lee, Namhyung, 2018, “Analysis of Academic Achievement in Online-based Economics Education: Focusing on Basic Courses and Gender of Adult Learners”, Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, 50(3), 181–202.
- Choi, Eunju and Lee, Namhyung, 2017, “A Historical Path of North Korea’s Trade Institution: based on Europe’s pasts”, SA-CHONG, (92), 153–206.
- Lee, Namhyung and Joonil Kim, 2016, “The knowns and the unknowns about open source software: history, industrial organization and policy implications”, The Korean Journal of Economic Studies, 64(2), 127–166.
- Lee, Namhyung, Namun Cho, Youngjun Kang, Ahmi Kim, and Euncheol Choi, 2016, “Public R&D Expenditure Framework and Dynamics of Technology Enhancement: Based on the Agent-Based Simulation”, The Journal of Business and Economics, 32(2), 227–255.
- Lee, Namhyung, Sangsoo Park, Inchul Bae and Chungki Lee, 2016, “Contingent Valuation of Wildlife-Vehicle Collision Prevention Projects”, Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, 25(1), 1–14.
- Shim, Jiyoung, Namhyung Lee, Yongchul Lee, Il Jang, Seyoun Jeong, Jiyoun Cha and Moonsun Chou, Issues on the Current Europe, KNOU Press: Seoul, 2021. (Chs. 10, 12, 14).
- Lee, Chungki and Namhyung Lee, Economics of Firms, KNOU Press: Seoul, 2020. (Chs. 7–11).
- Lee, Chungki and Namhyung Lee, Economy in Life, KNOU Press: Seoul. (Chs. 7–13, Appendix 1–2).
- Naval Warfare Command Center, Spanish Naval Warfare History, Gyeryong: ROKN, 2002. (part of Spanish naval development in 15-17th century and public finance.)
- Korea Creative Content Agency, “Economic Behavior of playing video games”, Preliminary Survey on Game Users Panel 2020, Ch. 5 Sec. 3, 2019.
- National Assembly Budget Office, “France’s Fiscal Decentralization”, Current status and implications of financial decentralization in major countries, Ch. 5, Seoul, 2018.
- National Assembly Budget Office, “Characteristics and introduction of smart factory: focusing on foreign countries”, A Study on the Effect of Smart Factory Introduction on Employment: focusing on foreign cases, Ch. 3, Seoul, 2018.
- National Assembly Budget Office, “Current status of National and Regional Financial Assistance of Social Welfare State Support Project”, Analysis of Local Finance Burden Due to Expansion of Large-scale State-aid Welfare Project, Ch. 2, Seoul, 2017.
- Korea Education and Research Institute for Patriots & Veterans, “A comparison of old veterans’ care services in South Korea, Australia, Canada, and the U.S. and their implications”, Evaluation and policy issues on elderly veterans care services, Ch. 3, Suwon, 2014.
- Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute and Institute of Economic Research, “The principles of economic evaluation of highway environmental improvement”, A Study on the Evaluation of Highway Environmental Improvement, Ch. 4, Seoul, 2011.
- Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute and Institute of Economic Research, “A comparison of environmental indices and economic valuation in South Korea, Canada, E.U., and the U.S.”, A Study on the Evaluation of Highway Environmental Improvement, Ch. 5, Seoul, 2011.
- POSCO Research Institute and Institute of Economic Research, “CEO succession programs”, A Current Status of Corporate Governance in South Korea and its reformation, Offprint Appendix, Seoul, 2011.
- Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute and Institute of Economic Research, “A calculation of price of anarchy on nationwide freeway in South Korea”, A Study on Measurement of Network Efficiency and Its Indices, Ch. 4, Seoul, 2010. (co-authored with Kim Kyun and Cho Nam-un.)
Newspaper, Magazines, Book Reviews, etc.
- “Worldly Philosopher”, Review of Economic History , 45(2), 365–370, 2021.
- “U.S. Veterans Policy”, Research on Veterans Policy, Korea Education and Research Institute for Patriots & Veterans, 4(1), 81–118, 2015.
- “The Concept of Creative Economy and Related Policies in U.K. and Japan”, Expressway, Korea Expressway Corporation, 80, 8–16, 2013.
Conference and Seminar Presentations
- “Who does play video games? Socio-economic backgrounds of adult gamers” (co-authored with Munseok Cho: written in Korean). 2019 The Korean Association for Survey Research Fall Conference, Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Seoul, South Korea, Nov. 11, 2019.
- “Why do people accept cherry stone?: Reconstruction of the theory of the money and implication for the criptocurrency” (co-authored with Baek Jongsung: written in Korean). 2011 Economics Joint Conference, Chuang Ang University, Seoul, South Korea, Feb. 10–11, 2011.
- “Analysis of effects of shared economy on finances”. 2018 The Korean Association of Public Policy Summer Conference, Hannam University, Daejeon, Jun. 29, 2018.
- “Public R&D Expenditure Framework and Dynamics of Technology Enhancement: Based on the Agent-Based Simulation” (co-authored with Cho Nam-un, Kang Youngjun, Kim Ahmi, Choi Euncheol). 2015 The Korean Association for Political Economy Fall Conference, Franciscan Education Center, Seoul, Nov. 20, 2015; 2015 The Korean Association of Public Policy Summer Conference, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea, Jun. 26, 2015.
- “The Economic Valuation of Wildlife Collision Prevention Projects on the Korean Highways - Measuring WTP on Fauna Crossings and Fences by using CVM” (co-authored with Bae Inchul, Lee Chungki). Korean Society of Environmental Impact Assessment 2014 Fall Conference, Seoul National University Pyeongchang Campus, Gangwon, South Korea, Oct. 1–3, 2014.
- “Dynamics of license regime: the case of open source software development”. 2012 KAPEA Summer Conferences, Chungnam Development Institute, Gongju, South Korea, Jul. 6–7, 2012.
- “PoA analysis on optimal price of privatized freeway toll fees” (co-authored with Cho Nam-un and Kim Kyun: written in Korean). 2011 Economics Joint Conference, Chuang Ang University, Seoul, South Korea, Feb. 10–11, 2011.
- “The skill difference contributes to success?: the case of open source software development (co-authored with Cho Nam-un).” 4th FLOSS International Workshop on Free/Libre/Open Source Software: Business models, social networks and collaborative knowledge development, GSBC and Department of Economics Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany, Jul. 1–2, 2010.
- “A Caveman with Linux: The Naturalistic Approach to Open Source Software Development (co-authored with Cho Nam-un).” 6th European Meeting on Applied Evolutionary Economics, Volksbad, Jena, Germany, May 21–23, 2009.- “Was Hayek right after all? His unsettled dilemma: spontaneous order and evolutionary game.” 35th Annual Meeting of the History of Economics Society, York University, Toronto, Canada, June 27–30, 2008.
Online Public Lectures
- Journal of Korean Social Trends and Perspectives, The Korean Journal of Economic Studies, The Korean Historical Review, Ordo Economics Journal.
Conferences, Workshops, and Summer School Attended
- First Korean Association for Political Economy Winter School, Korea University, Seoul, Feb. 20-21, 2019.
- First Graz Summer School, “Evolutionary Economics 25 years after the seminal contribution of Nelson and Winter: Problems and Perspectives”, Graz Schumpeter Center, Graz, Austria, July 15-22, 2007.
- SASE 17th Annual Meeting, “What Counts? Calculation, Representation, Association”, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary, June 30–July 2, 2005.
Honors, Awards, & Fellowships
- Fellowship, Research Support for Academic Seminar, Korea University Graduate School, Spring 2016.
- Fellowship, Research Support, Korea University Graduate School, Spring 2016.
- Fellowship, Brain Korea 21 The Balanced development of Korea Economy, Spring 2007–Spring 2010.
- Research Assistant, Korea University, Spring 2007 – Spring 2009.
- Fellowship, Brain Korea 21 The Korea Economy Under Open Economy System, Spring 2004; Spring 2005.
Economic Policy in MBA, Business School, Korea National Open University
- Assistant Professor, Economics of science and technology policy, Fall 2018 – current.
Department of Economics, Korea National Open University
- Assistant Professor, Economic history of western world: long-run economic growth and evolution of financial institutions, Spring 2019 – current.
- ————————-, Economics of Technological Innovation, Spring 2019 – current.
- ————————-, History of Economic Analysis, Fall 2019 – current.
- ————————-, Understanding digital economy: market structure, pricing, and strategy, Fall 2018 – current.
College of Economics & Finance, Hanyang University
- Part-time lecturer, Introduction to Economics, Summer 2017.
- ————————, World Economy and Korean Prospect, Spring 2017.
Department of Business Administration, Gachon University
- Part-time lecturer, Introduction to economics, Spring 2017.
Department of Economics, Hanshin University
- Part-time lecturer, Industrial Region Survey, Fall 2016.
Department of Economics, Kookmin University
- Part-time lecturer, Economic History, Summer 2016.
- ————————, Microeconomics, Spring 2016.
- ————————, Market and firm’s behavior, Spring 2013.
Department of Industrial Economics, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology
- Part-time lecturer, Market Research and Analysis, Fall 2013.
- ————————, Analysis of current economic issues in English, Fall 2013.
- ————————, Analysis of current economic issues in English, Fall 2012.
Business School, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Part-time lecturer, Economics, Fall 2011.
Department of Economics, Korea University
- Part-time lecturer, Introduction to microeconomics, Spring 2012.
- ————————, Introduction to macroeconomics, Spring 2012.
- ————————, Introduction to macroeconomics, Winter 2011.
- ————————, Introduction to macroeconomics, Fall 2011.
- ————————, Introduction to macroeconomics, Fall 2010.
- ————————, Introduction to macroeconomics, Fall 2009.
- ————————, Introduction to microeconomics, Fall 2009.
- ————————, Introduction to economics, Spring 2009.
Department of Economics, Mokwon University
- Part-time lecturer, Digital Economy, Fall 2007.
- ————————, Local Public Finance, Fall 2007.
- ————————, Microeconomics, Spring 2007.
- ————————, Public Finance, Spring 2007.
Yonsei Business Research Institute, Yonsei University
- Post-doc, 2017.8–2017.12.
Institute of Economic Research, Korea University
- Research Assistant, 2009.3–2016.11.
- Military Service: in the Republic of Korea Navy, retired as Lieutenant Jr, Jul. 2000–Jun. 2003.